1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Pain is moving

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srilankamama, Sep 8, 2019.

1. srilankamama

srilankamama Newcomer

After enduring continual pain in my hamstrings for years, I woke up last night at 12:30AM with a killer migraine. I can only think of one other time in my life I've had a migraine, and it was so brutal I vomited--I didn't vomit last night but I felt like I could have! I was so frustrated after drinking water and taking Advil didn't help and I just lied awake for hours until a thought hit me, "Oh maybe this is a *good* thing! My pain is moving?!" I have been telling myself for these first few days of this program, "My pain is all in my head..." and -- voila! -- the pain was now in my head! I finally fell asleep and woke up feeling good. Eager to get to the journaling to identify the underlying source of my pain.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

3. srilankamama

srilankamama Newcomer

Thanks for your active contribution to this forum Jan! I appreciate you sharing that thread, I loved what you wrote here:

Knowledge - Belief - Faith

I have knowledge about how my brain creates symptoms for reasons that are emotional rather than physical
    I believe that there is nothing wrong with my body
    I have faith in my own strength and ability to change my brain and heal myself

That really resonates with me <3

JanAtheCPA likes this.