1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain is moving, yay!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jojo61, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Jojo61

Jojo61 Peer Supporter

So my pain is definately moving! My armpain is pretty much gone... I never thought I would be able to say that in my lifetime. Just about a month ago I had another 'flare up' and I was crying in my husbands arms convinced I would never get rid of it. After 'discovering' TMS things started to change quickly. I'm so grateful! I now have a sore leg and some footpain... But I won't let my brain fool me anymore! I actually went for a long walk right after my foot suddenly started to ache badly the other day and it worked. I'm amazed at the kind of pain the mind can produce because it felt/feels so structural... But it's not! I had a hard time believing that at first, once I did something changed.

Whenever I feel pain I now try to figure out what is bothering me emotionally. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But that's ok. I just keep journaling daily and work on the SEP every now and then.

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm much less tired wich is great news for a new mom

I now do activities without even thinking about my (former) chronic pain and whenever I realise it that brings me so much joy. But what I value most of all about this journey is that I've realized how harsh I was always being on myself. I have so much more peace in my mind now.

So a huge thanks to Dr. Sarno and the kind people on this forum! I've learned so much from the SEP and reading other people's posts.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jojo61. It was great to read your post and how well you are doing.
    Yes, it is amazing how much pain the mind can give us, and how we can re-train our mind to get rid of the pain.

You discovered that you were mentally harsh on yourself and have found more peace. That's wonderful.
    You are being comforted by a loving, caring husband, and doing more for your child. Keep your focus on
    their love for you and your love for them.

Today is Father's Day, and you and your husband have a lot to be grateful for.

3. Jojo61

Jojo61 Peer Supporter

Hi Walt,

Thanks for your reply. And yes, we certainly do and we certainly are !

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful progress, and thank you for your report!!!