1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain from repressed emotions or programming? Do I handle each different?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ken v, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ken v

ken v New Member

Greetings

At this 7 months and my pain is unaffected by all I have learned and do in the TMS world. I have no doubt I have TMS so I am doubling down on searching for repressed emotions and taking the time to feel them - almost always anxious about something - in the morning and evening and so I just feel the chest burn of worry. After that, I use some logic to attack some of the worry. When should I ignore the anxiety and when should I feel it? Some of my anxiety is over stupid/little stuff.

I have had pain for 23 years and so I have no doubt programmed my body to give me pain with almost anything I do - sitting, standing still, walking. I have fear if I do any of those for too long. Should I feel the fear until it passes or just start talking to it with affirmations, anger right away etc?

Thanks

2. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

Anxiety may be a symptom imperative - distracting you from deeper emotions such as loss or anger.

Have you tried relaxation methods like yoga, meditation, guided imagery, exercise, or meditation?

I had a psychic tell me once- anxiety is extra energy.

Do you have a therapist?

With my anxiety I treat it like a little kid - I say "sit down and tell me very clearly exactly what the trouble is. One at time" And I ask it what it needs. Usually something very small. Like an explanation of what's happening. I speak with kindness but I am stern. I am learning to not let my emotions take me over. To feel them one at a time.

Your system may be flooding you because it is feeling threatened with change. This TMS stuff us something new. You are doing a great job by reaching out for help.

LL

Gigi likes this.
  3. ken v

ken v New Member

Thanks for your time LL.

Meditation and exercise help with the anxiety.

Wondering if I should just feel the fear or talk it down? Both maybe?.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

try the antidote.com