1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain free... Then what?!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Day-Cee, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Day-Cee

Day-Cee Peer Supporter

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted here because I was doing very well. Had a little flair-up last week and It make me wonder, what should you do when everything is alright?

I mean, do you guys keep journaling even when things are good. I seem to have always the same pattern, big pain, start journaling and thinking about my emotion, pain leaves, forget about it but at the same time stop journaling and stop thinking about my emotions, then the pain comes back lol.

Thanks,

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

When you're pain free, why not enjoy it and forget you ever were in pain?
    I only do journaling if and when pain returns and I need to discover its psychological cause, old or new.

Lizzy likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I think there is some middle ground. I try to stay tuned into my stress/tension level and if I see some early warning signs that I'm getting stressed and tense, then I do some journaling, more meditation, talking to my brain, etc. Hopefully, I can keep it from becoming a full blown pain episode this way. It takes longer to get rid of if I wait.

Lizzy likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I thank my mind-body for not putting me in pain. I say "Yes, you understand what I want. Good job!"

I also use a lot of physical activity to keep reminding the mind-body that I know things are fine.

In some ways the whole endeavor is like training a horse. It never hurts to stay on your game.

Lizzy likes this.