1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain free is a sure sign??

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Anisha_d87, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Anisha_d87

Anisha_d87 Peer Supporter

Hi all
    Just a quick question i have lingering, am i right in saying being pain free aswell as symptons movings is an indication the pain is tms?

Ive had pelvic muscular pain ongoing for a couple of months and after being more aware of my feelings journalling meditation etc the symptoms changed in sensations and the last few weeks ive been pain free days in a row to then have some mild niggly sensations.

Guess im just seeking a bit of reassurance as ive not posted for a while, being pain free is a good sign right ? In terms of tms healing

Hope youre all having a great weekend!

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations! Yes, you have TMS and have demonstrated that you can make it go, just by changing your thoughts and feelings. Wonderful, isn't it?

plum and Anisha_d87 like this.
  3. Anisha_d87

Anisha_d87 Peer Supporter

@Ellen thanks ellen !
    Now i can get on with my day knowing evan if the pain does come back its surely tms as organic pain doesnt just go away and come back weeks later

Sometimes i just need that little reassurance im on the right track :)

Thank you for you reply xxx

plum likes this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

...and to add to Ellen's reassurance, once pain starts to go (and come back) it is a sure sign you are beating it. These fluctuations are hallmarks of tms on the run. It can run but it can't hide!

Bask in these pain-free feelings and don't fret if tms takes a pop in the future. From experience I've garnered great strength from my pain-less (literally much less, not yet gone completely) days and have found they have successfully punctured the bubble of fear. As you say organic pain doesn't behave like that so it is clearly tms.

As Ellen says, it's wonderful.

Anisha_d87 likes this.