1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain Free for Almost 3 Years Now, Thanks to This Community!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by brianleejackson, Feb 3, 2014.

1. brianleejackson

brianleejackson Peer Supporter

Sorry I haven't been around much; I have been out chasing my dreams thanks to you guys :) It is almost three years now and still pain free.

If you aren't familiar with my story, you can read it here:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Rapid_Recovery_from_RSI,_by_Brian_Jackson
    and a more in-depth one here: http://theitbros.com/rapid-recovery-from-rsi/

2013 was a great year for me! I won a Microsoft MVP award and also a Rookie of the Year Award at my other job. If I had never found this group or Sarno, I don't know what I would have done, I had already hit rock bottom. Still not taking any day for granted!

I just wanted to stop back in and if anyone has any doubts about this program, just try it, it really does work!

Thanks again everyone! And thumbs up Forest for keeping the cause going! Wish you all a pain free 2014.

G.R., joseph32, Forest and 4 others like this.
  2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the wonderful update, Brian. I live for these encouraging reports on some days! (And this has been some of those days.)

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Brian, for taking the time to give us an update. Success stories like yours keep us going. Congratulations on your success!

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Brian, it's so great to hear from you. Thanks for the update. It's great to see you out in the world, living your life and feeling free. Congratulations on your two awards! I once looked into getting a MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) credential at a previous employer, but it didn't go very far because of my TMS. Now that you're an MVP, you're doing it for both of us. ;) (Actually, now that I'm cured, I'm considering getting back into tech, possibly scientific programming because of my math background or possibly something more web-based as that job market seems quite healthy. We'll see... it's still quite early days!)

To anyone who is currently recovering, Brian's original threads are still available. If you are feeling unsure, it can be nice to look back and see him going through some of the same issues that you are currently dealing with. Every recovery is different, but there are common steps as you come to slowly accept the diagnosis, and it can be helpful to see the entire process.

Brian recovered at our old website, which looks very different, but was still a wiki and a peer support forum. We had to upgrade when the company that had provided the website stopped upgrading the software and the website began to slow down precipitously. However, while it may look a little different, you will soon recognize a familiar thread structure of people having a conversation, just like you might see in our current Support Forum every day. The threads to read if you want to see Brian's recovery as it was being recounted "in real time" are:
    Thanks for dropping by, Brian. Your story has provided an awful lot of people with a great deal of hope, helping them a difficult period in their own lives.

brianleejackson likes this.
  5. KseniyaM

KseniyaM Newcomer

So happy to see your story and that you are now pain free! It gives me some hope about probably being pain free one day as well!
    Thank you for sharing your story!