1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain Due To Good Things In Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Chimichanga, Jan 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Chimichanga

Chimichanga Peer Supporter

Hi Everyone,

How does one deal with TMS pain and dysfunction when the emotions are related to positives in life: engagement, planning kids, house hunting with fiancé etc.

Thank you

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I have not quite heard this put so bluntly, but I guess the place to inquire here is "what feelings are coming up which are hard to tolerate," evoked by these activities?

I am supposing there are bits and pieces which threaten your identity in some way, or ?

Perhaps you can tease these feelings out and then work with them directly. I suspect they are hidden since you don't describe them.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. mbo

mbo Well known member

Our "adult, rational side" is very happy with such good things but ....
    our (hidden in the subconscious) "childish, narcissistic, egotist, wild, irrational side" is very angry for the responsabilities, hard work, compromises, limitations,....accepted.
    Think about the post-partum depression.
    M

Chimichanga likes this.
  4. Chimichanga

Great points, Andy.

-Fear of marrying wrong person (not lasting for the long run).
    -Fear of being cheated on (my father cheated on mother growing up).
    -Fear of responsibilities. Maintaining good job.
    -Financial worries
    -Fear of being stuck in a long term mortgage, therefore stuck in a long term career.
    -Fear of losing my time and freedom

Of course there are many things I am looking forward to, else I wouldn’t be planning all these things. But, I suppose the above are normal human feelings.

Thank you

Rainstorm B likes this.
  5. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Is it possible you are not desiring to do these things?

One time I was in a relationship with a cluster B... I was supposed to be happy, but I wasn't. I kept telling myself I should be happy. I wasn't. I was apprehensive and stressed. My subconscious knew more than my cognition.

6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

In this case being with a cluster B was actually a risky thing and the subconscious made an accurate call.

7. Balsa11

Seems like the body doesn't like those fears being repeated

8. Chimichanga

Repeated? How so? I’ve never been married, had kids, or been cheated on before.

9. Chimichanga

I think like many things in life, there are pluses and minuses.

10. Balsa11

Sorry, I meant fears being replayed in your mind

Chimichanga likes this.