1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain Disapears

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Tms family i a question i have recently met a wonderful person during my seperation
    And the crazy things is my pain totally disapears when i spend time with her this fanomena is mind bogling is this some type of placebo effect?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Simplicity, IrishSceptic and mike2014 like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent, my friend. I've read that so many have healed after leaving a toxic relationship and falling in love. Maybe that's exactly what you need to start healing.

Simplicity and Summermissy like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Marco,

I am happy for you and suppose it has something to do with experiencing what I might call "self-regulation," which is an antidote to "dis-regulation." I notice that when people attune to themselves, there is an inner contact and a "connection" that happens, and this relieves pain. I imagine that your contact with your new love is working on a similar level. There is something in your connection with this friend that also connects you to you, and this relieves tension, or regulates, or soothes at a very deep level. I guess it is all happening in you, when you are in this particular environment.

I think I've seen this with a family friend too. When she's in contact with a new lover, her pain goes away for months!

It might be very interesting for you to inquire into: What is my inner experience that is so different? What do I project on this friend that seems to be lacking in me? How do I feel in my body when we are together? Is there a pervasive feeling that I am safe, or seen, or loved? Does this mean I am not having to deal with the Inner Bully? Very Cool.

Bravo!!

Andy B.

Simplicity likes this.
  4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

To answer you question I do feel all the above especially safeā€¦its incredible I could have pain most of the day and when I know I am going to see her it melts away and stays a way until I get home very puzzling, I have been journaling about this but nothing as come to the service yet.

5. Andy Bayliss

Hi Marco,

It seems that the feeling you are safe really impacts the pain. This is great information!

This understanding about you, makes me think "How can I feel safe (without the other person)?" I think this directly relates to the condition of self-attunement and self-empathy, and self-contact that I teach people. There is a link between feeling "in contact with" (self-attunement and empathy) and the sense of safety.

This is very cool, and helps me inquire into/refine what I am doing with clients. Thank you.

Andy B.

Simplicity and Boston Redsox like this.
  6. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

The excitement and joy of seeing her and being with her is soothing your anger and rage, as these intense positive emotions counter the intense negative emotions, the blood flow increases to your muscles, nerves and tendons and viola, your pain is gone!

Love is good medicine.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Simplicity and Boston Redsox like this.
  7. Andy Bayliss

That says it all, doesn't it? Self-love and "love from the other" == the same goodies inside!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Boston Redsox likes this.