1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain at the Gym--Inferiority?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by EricFeelsThisWay, Nov 30, 2015.

1. EricFeelsThisWay

EricFeelsThisWay Peer Supporter

Hey everyone....I notice my pain flairs up at the gym. Apart from this being a conditioned response, I also believe deep-seated feelings of inferiority about my body and athletic ability (or lack of) are at play. Can anyone else speak on this and offer some wisdom? Thanks guys.

2. Markus

Markus Guest

I don't know if this will help but my physician thought exercise would be really good for me so he actually wrote a script for me to attend a gym, because of this script I got maybe 3 months free, and since I've only ever been good at soccer, I thought I would be intimidated by MANY things and I had all those nagging issues you have. But when I got there, no one stared, people just were all trying to get in shape or stay in shape. Same with the locker room just go in there with confidence and again, it won't be an issue. All the people there are doing the same thing. So enjoy it because no one is there to pick on you or anything.
    The wisdom is to fake it till you make it because, you really will find that you fit in, and remember that a lot of the people there will be insecure. So go and enjoy it and have fun.
    Markus