1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

pain after pain.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Mar 1, 2018.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello! so to make it short, it all started with low back pain. i started believing in tms and now i can go back to what i love doing, but them other pain raises, shoulder pain, upper back and mid pain, anxiety (never had this before so strong) and right now im experiencing knee pain in my right leg. i have been very ocd, perfectionism, anxious, depressed, stressed lately due to life issues. heres the thing, since “injured” my back with lifting weights ive become strict with my form on any lifting stuff. so ive been recording myself doing squats deadlift etc to see if my form is off and this caused me stress and such because something was always off. so ive been hearing a lot of people that have knee pain due to squats and my dad also told me this (all of this one momth ago) and like 3 weeks ago i started experiencing knee pain but i didnt know what caused it so i tho maybe its squat or running? so i stopped running much but after every squat (the next day) i experience some pain and becomes worst everytime i squat or run. it started in my left knee and now its strong in my right knee with no left knee pain. its been 4 days without running or squatting and tomorrow im planning on squatting because i truly know and believe in tms but i do feel fear tho. any of you guys experience this?

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Two things:

I picked up basketball two months ago. My knees started hurting badly afterwards, I could barely make it up and down the stairs. I kept going every week and nowadays the pain afterwards is a lot less intense than the first couple of times. Normally the pain stays around for 2 days and then subsides. I believe such a reaction is pretty normal, because I am using muscles intensively that before I seldom used.

Knee pain is often not caused by structures in your knee, but by the muscles that control the knee. To me it is kind of a normal defense strategy to allow your muscles to repair themselves from the intensive use. During that repair-phase, which usually takes a couple of days, those muscles trigger pain signals to prevent you from intensively using your knees and therefore using those muscles. It is my experience that anxiety can certainly amplify the duration and intensity of the pain reaction during or after exercise. Even before exercise this pain can already start, because the prospect of exercise (and all that comes with it, like the social setting) is enough for the brain to tense up your muscles and overreact to any 'pain-signals' that it is receiving as a result.

hope some of the above helps you...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    stevow7 likes this.