1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. MatthewNJ is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

PAGE 172 OF NICOLE SACHS' "THE MEANING OF TRUTH"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Aug 7, 2014.

  1. Tennis Tom

    Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

    I just came across a very useful tool for TMS'ers on page 172 of Nicole's TRUTH book. Although every TMS book mentions the three sources of TMS, this page is like a spread sheet for ID'ing and journaling the sources of individual TMS'ers personal subconscious repressed rage that creates the structural and affective TMS symptoms. These are CHILDHOOD, DAILY LIFE and PERSONALITY. This worksheet could be a very useful tool to help bring home the stressors, past, future and now, that add up to become symptom distractions when the TMS RESERVOIR OF RAGE fills to overflowing.
     
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Forest likes this.
  2. njoy

    njoy aka Bugsy

    I got a copy of Nicole's book long ago and found it unbearably histrionic (caps, exclamation marks, plus her mom is nice to her which makes me envious, I guess) but I listened in on the first Tuesday call and she is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

    Truly, I love her message and will try again with the book, especially page 172. Thanks, TT and THANKYOU, NICOLE!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK.
     
  3. Tennis Tom

    Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

    Y'welcome Njoy, sometimes the printed word doesn't do the best job of expressing truthful emotions, the same for the interwebs. An audio version of Nicole's book would be great--I like a woman who talks dirty to me--especially when I'm being psychoanalyzed on the couch.
     
    North Star and Ryan like this.
  4. Ellen

    Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

    njoy,
    I had a hard time with the formatting in her book, too. I kept thinking as I was reading it that it would be better without the caps, bolding, exclamation marks, large type--it wasn't needed. But the message and her passion for it is great.
     
    North Star likes this.
  5. njoy

    njoy aka Bugsy

    I agree, Ellen. She is actually a good writer who needs an editor. As do 99% of all writers and the other 1% would benefit. Oh well, we love her anyway :)

    TT said, "I like a woman who talks dirty to me--especially when I'm being psychoanalyzed on the couch." Funny!
     
    North Star likes this.

Share This Page