1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Overwhelming feelings

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MIsty152, Feb 9, 2020.

1. MIsty152

MIsty152 Peer Supporter

Has anyone ever experienced the following?

Sometimes when I lay down in bed I suddenly feel an overwhelming amount of rage? Then I'm like wooooow whats happening over here and I try to lean in to it. That helps, at least. During the day however I'm mostly calm.

It's like 1) or I do not feel that much or 2) I feel overwhelmed. I sometimes cry out of nowhere aswell. It's like my feelings are returning, but not in a way I expect.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

AFTER My pain went away in '99 I began having waves of rage... so bad that I went and got help. I was close to starting physical altercations at work over little nothings and I didn't want to get arrested OR lose my job. I believe it's all hidden in this:
    That is my 'dayface'. "Oh, I'm fine...everythings OK"... A couple of decades of that can contort the frame of the stoutest one of us. That's why it's important to do the self investigation work ALONE with no EGO awake and over our shoulder like a tyrant.

I believe that period of rage I went through was my balancing out of being OK for too long. Whenever i am helping someone with TMS they are always OK and don't know what I am talking about regarding repressed rage....and then they do. Then they start crying or ranting out of nowhere. Thats a GOOD thing cause it means your work is solid!

JanAtheCPA likes this.