1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by heleng, Dec 2, 2014.

1. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Hi all

I know I am posting a lot and I hope I am not boring everyone but I am really fascinated by the process I am going through and am getting such a sense of hope and unity from reading posts by other members and reading the replies that people are so kind to leave. I am so grateful for this forum

Yesterday was an odd day. I actually forgot about my pain and think it sort of went away. I came home after a long day and ended up dancing around listening to very loud music, something I have not done for a long time. I felt good. I then went to bed and had the oddest dreams that were quite nightmarish and then i woke up in so much pain, in my shoulders and upper back. I had a very bad stomach ache and felt really tense. I ended up sleeping very little and work today felt like an ordeal. I have been sore all over, but not so bad I cannot work or get things done. It is much easier now but it felt like a weird reaction and wasn't too nice. I have read about others saying they get an upsurge in anxiety and am wondering if this is part of the process. I didn't like it too much but I have coped and still managed to keep going but feel some deep breathing is required.

Has anybody else had this happen?

Many thanks

Helen

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Heleng

Just keep doing what you are doing you will get your good days along with a lot of bad ones….but celebrate when you have a good day. and remember its a journey..I have many of those experiences as you had .

heleng likes this.
  3. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Thanks, that is very comforting to hear

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Helen,

I hope you are feeling some relief now.

You are not boring anyone, we welcome you and we are all enduring similar journeys so it's always nice to hear your thoughts and opinions.

That's very common. Usually when we fall asleep it is only the conscious part of our mind that is resting, our unconscious mind is still wired and processing thoughts without us even knowing, so when we wake up in the morning it's very common that we are in a state of pain. As the day goes on, the pain becomes less as we begin to shift our focus from the physical pain and onto our day to day activities.

I would hate to second guess what your dream meant, but its likely has a deep meaning and could hold the key to what you are repressing and furthermore, be the link to your healing. You may wish to write it down and seek a therapist who can interpret it for you.

As for it being an upsurge in anxiety, as Boston States so well, we all have good and bad days but its important to feel your emotions and release them in the present moment.

Keep reading the forum posts and perhaps look at the SEP if you have time, it sounds like you are making great progress Helen. Keep up the good work.

Remember its a journey to self-discovery, not healing. When you find the reason, the rest i.e the healing aspect, will follow naturally.

God bless and wishing you good health,

Mike

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) and Ellen like this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Helen, I like Mike's advice. Your unconscious mind may very well have touched on emotions you still
    need to work on. Journaling about the dreams can be helpful, if you can remember the dreams.

When I was a boy, I sometimes woke up in the morning crying. I never knew why, and didn't remember
    having a dream that upset me. I guess my unconscious mind was having me dream about emotions
    that I was repressing back then... my parents divorced when I was 7.