1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 9 Overly critical

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by resilient, Mar 4, 2017.

1. resilient

resilient New Member

Today's question - Have I been overly critical of myself? The answer is yes. I feel like I am not able to keep it together and that I am letting my symptoms take over. I feel like my mind and body are not strong enough to fight this and then I get mad at myself. I am trying to work on this but it has been 9 months and I feel like I am losing ground. I have made some ground but have had so many set backs. I just want to be well!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi resilient,

It is great to recognize this self-rejection around your "progress." You may notice this is a familiar pattern you treat yourself in other areas of your life. One way to work with this is to ask "how does my Inner Child feel about being rejected? Also, simply noticing your inner dialogues and connecting this to "inner tension" helps you see the real cause of your symptoms. The Day 9 question is meant to bring awareness, not more self-rejection about our self-rejection!

It is hard to be suffering, and then blame ourselves for our suffering. This seems to be a deep pattern in most people from childhood, regardless of our upbringing and painful.

Andy B

3. resilient

resilient New Member

Thank you Andy

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, resisient. You have to forcefully tell yourself that you are strong enough to win the MindBody battle.
    So many, me included, have healed from TMS, so can you. One of the best examples is Steve Ozanich in his book The Great Pain Deception.

5. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi there,
    My question to you is: how do you really feel? It sounds to me, as if this is a thought or an idea what you've written, and not a real and actual feeling. There is a huge difference between them, and it can be important to know that. May be you're scared, afraid, frustrated, angry or anxious?! That can be wonderful material to work with in this program.
    Wish you perseverance and support to keep going, and try different perspectives. There's a lot to discover in this program. Of course you want to be well, and you will over time. Just start practicing new attitudes, which you may be never have tried before.
    Lydia

6. resilient

resilient New Member

Thanks Lydia - Yes, you are correct! I am scared and fearful as well as frustrated, anxious, and angry but most fearful and scared.

7. resilient

resilient New Member

Thank you Walt for keeping my spirits up!