1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Overcoming fear

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mermaid, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Everyone,

I'm not having a great day today, but the rest of the week has been really good, so who cares !

Anyway I just thought I'd share this video with you. This guy is great I love all his videos, I watch them when to keep my moral up !

TR720 and Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) like this.
  2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

He's exactly right, fear comes from separation. "What we focus on grows," just like TMS. The idea in healing is to shift awareness to another point. I also surrendered to "being" by freeing myself from survival mode.

You also have to become more of yourself. The slave turned philosopher Epicurus said, "The highest good anyone can do for mankind is to become what nature intended him to be."

It's all about separation thus, tracordifying. Thanks for posting this.

Msunn and Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) like this.
  3. Mermaid

Hi Steve

I'm glad you liked it. I remember you discussed this in "The Great Pain Deception". I was one of those people who read Dr.Sarno, but needed a bit more guidance in how to apply his approach. The concisely detailed, but amusing tone of your book gave me the confidence to start this journey for myself. I am almost recovered now and I shall be forever grateful to you.

Thanks a million !

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A wonderful video. Lots of good ideas from Ralph Smart that need reflecting on every day.

Mermaid likes this.
  5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Good job mermaid, drop me a note sometime telling me your story. We all have one, and they all need told.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

7. Mermaid

Hi Steve & Walt

I'll certainly tell my story, I'll get it down when I have a little more time since it's quite long as you can probably guess !

Bless you both :joyful:

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Wonderful, Mermaid. Bless, you, too. No hurry. I love to read posters' stories and also think they're
    therapeutic to write.

I wrote a book about everything I could remember from childhood to when I was 21 and finished
    my second year of college. I learned a lot about myself and others in my life and since discovering TMS
    learned to look at everyone in it from their perspective. I realized that they were probably suffering
    from TMS pain and didn't know it.

When I put myself in my parents and others' shoes, I was able to forgive them and myself.

9. Mermaid

Hi Walt

I'm doing a similar kind of thing with my journaling. I've got a huge list a mile long with everything significant good and bad that as happened throughout my life. I chose one event a day and write about it, looking at it form every angle, not to look for TMS fuel just to understand myself better. Later in the day I just sit down for a few minutes and review my day in the same way. I've discovered I'm from a long line of TMS sufferers !

I'd like to hear your

10. Mermaid

Sorry Walt, for some reason the end of my post hasn't appeared. It's meant to say I'd like to hear your story too, if you wouldn't mind sharing it.