1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Overactive Bladder

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jokeysmurf, Mar 27, 2018.

?

Overactive Bladder advice

1. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

I am making lots of progress in the last 3 months but have been doing the program unknowingly for almost a year.

This weekend I went to a concert in PHX, it was warm. I had previously and sort of still have had a heat phobia that came out of having a panic attack last year in the heat. My brain was trying to convince me we were in danger. I rode it out and by day three I felt great. The last day, my brain decides to give me an overactive bladder. Maybe I was drinking a little more water to be adequately hydrated.

This is very annoying. I'm not sure when it's real and when it's TMS. I am challenging myself to shift my focus and ignore this ridiculous urge every hour. I find my brain trying to insert thoughts of having to pee nearly every 15 mins or more.

Last night friends came over and I managed to go about 2 hrs which is about normal for me. Also as I succeeded in ignoring it at the gym while doing some dumbell presses. I was lying down and I felt horrible pain in my lower back. I wasn't using those muscles so I knew it was B.S. and I pushed through. The back pain was gone by the time I went on the treadmill.

Any advice on the overactive bladder. This has only been going on for two days and my brain is going crazy with this like it's a new toy. Nights are the toughest really through the day I do better. But I'd rather not even think about it. I'm trying to ignore it like a bully but at somepoint you really do have to pee.

Thanks.

2. I've had this problem in the past. Admittedly I dealt with it before I knew about TMS. I kept a log of when I needed to pee and then tried to go a little longer each time. It wasn't long before I overcame it. I think armed with TMS knowledge and the knowledge that your bladder isn't tiny enough for you to need to go every 15 minutes you should be able to shift it pretty quickly!

3. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Thanks. I sort of keep mental note of the time when I go and try and do the same it has been helping. The tms symptom imperative at work, as I felt I overcame my heat phobia and was feeling really good this comes up to try and push me back and keep me from living my life. My brain inserts scenarios where I may not have access to a bathroom. I say to myself Oh Well we'll figure it out if need be. I think maybe some journaling may be needed also. Thanks again.