1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Other pains

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alice, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Alice

Alice New Member

My pain seems to be significantly better in my neck the last two days, but I've been noticing other discomforts. For example, my right wrist was hurting yesterday... I tried not to panic, but then it started hurting a little today and it was harder not to panic. And of course, my IBS is kicking in. Is this all part of TMS?

In answer to today's SEP question, I've never been a very active person. My parents were both very athletic, but I never was, which always made me think I'd escape the back pain that both of them suffered from. Ha. The positive is that my neck pain hasn't kept me from the sports I love, considering I don't love any sports. The only thing I really enjoy is walking while listening to music, which I try to do. I try to get in my 10K steps per day with variable success.

2. Jennifer_K

Jennifer_K Peer Supporter

Oh yeah, totally normal from my experience to have the pain migrate from one spot to another. It seems like once I lose the fear of the pain in one place, it packs its bags and moves to another. I just tell myself it's a good thing and the pain is "on the run" because my fear of it is less.

3. Alice

Alice New Member

I think I read that could happen. Although today i'm having some neck pain again and the other pains are gone.

I woke up at 6AM feeling super anxious and (I guess) angry over a few different things. While i lay there, my neck started to hurt. It was an obvious connection, but not so obvious how to get rid of the pain.