1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Osteoarthritis

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sybilk, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Sybilk

Sybilk New Member

Can osteoarthritis joint pain be due to TMS?

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes it can! Search for some other discussions on this website for more depth on the topic, but pain in a joint with OA can most definitely be TMS. Remember that a lot of people have OA in joints they aren't even aware of it being in. OA is a normal part of aging. There is certainly some debate about this in the TMS community but a lot of people have success with TMS methods to treat this kind of joint pain. In my experience, I see OA causing some stiffness and occasional/episodic pain or swelling in older folks but the severe, chronic variety is more like TMS.

3. Sybilk

Sybilk New Member

Is there any way to put in a 'key word' to search for a topic such as OA? Or do I just have to keep looking around...

4. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

5. mbo

mbo Well known member

upload_2022-9-8_13-29-48.png
    Osteoarthritis is very common, almost unavoidable, when you get older. But pain is an option!
    You can get rid of the pain if you radically change your beliefs and concepts about the pain AND if you consider the amount of "incorrect" emotions (mainly rage) you are repressing unconsciosuly, involuntary, automatically inside your mind.
    M.

6. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

what about Modic changes? Does this fall under the term osteoarthritis??? No one seems to know on this forum

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  7. mbo

mbo Well known member

In my humble opinion Modic changes is "old science".
    Trust fully in Sarno !

8. catfish baby

catfish baby New Member

Many thanks for your quick reply. I have a 2.0 x 2.5 x 2.0 cm marrow oedema in L4 with Deckplatte (cover plate) and Grundplatte (base plate) roughening. My pain is bad, last 7 months have been a nightmare. Was instructed by an old professor to do physio. Are you saying I can ignore it, stop physio and go for a run? I cannot find the wording "marrow oedema in vertebra" or "erosive osteochondrosis" in Sarnos books. Is this encompassed by his term "osteoarthritis"??. No-one here seems to be able to answer these questions. Best wishes