1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

orthotics for flat feet?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by abezz, Jan 1, 2020.

1. abezz

abezz Peer Supporter

does anyone here have flat feet? do you wear orthotics? i used to have custom orthotics casted specially to my foot from a foot doctor. but after i found out about sarno i have removed them a few years ago. the past little while i would have foot pain when flexing my foot upwards towards my knee. so of course the doubts are creeping in lol

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi abezz,

I think this is a good question.

I had many worthless orthodics, expensive, made by doctors to try to alleviate my foot pain. Turned out I had TMS.

As my pain went away, I did go back to a "superfeet" orthodic for general use. I did this to "throw the dog a bone," that is not give my foot/mind an excuse for pain. And this is what I had used prior to TMS. I am using a basic foot support, but not because there is anything wrong. I also take long walks every week or so with no support, just to send a clear signal to my brain that my feet are healthy.

My feet are not flat, however. I have seen flat feet, and they are quite distinct in their appearance.

If your feet have been pain-free for years, and it is returning, this points to TMS, in my opinion.

Hope some of my words might help you sort this out.

Andy

intense50 likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Totally agree with Andy. I had $350 orthotics prescribed for Morton's neuroma. Guess what - it is gone, and so are the orthotics which were used for couple days and proved useless. Neuroma seems to be one of many TMS manifestations, but I do use custom orthotics in my hiking boots for long-distance hiking. I don't have flat feet but I love my custom orthotics, they definitely keep my feet from hurting after a long day on the trail.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Abezz: What has changed in your life with the onset of the foot pain? This is probably the first question we should ask ourselves.