1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Organ Inflammation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BrooklynGal, Aug 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BrooklynGal

BrooklynGal Peer Supporter

Hi,

After a life-threatening gastrointestinal infection last year, I developed a lot of internal pain, which I never had before. Regular doctors can’t find anying on tests, but I’ve gone to several biofeedback practitioners who have all confirmed that I have kidney, liver, and more seriously pancreatic inflammation. However, they do say that the pancreatic inflammation is coming from stress and my mind. I am very symptomatic - have had nausea, loss of appetite, lost 9lbs in one month, and had severe pain. Has anyone else had TMS of an internal organ that they were able to heal? I’m so angry (I guess that’s a good place to start) that this happened. I had perfect digestion and few food sentivitues, could drink alcohol and eat chocolate and feel great. Now I live off a few pieces of broiled chicken and some bland veggies (if I can even get that down). I’ll just say that this sucks more than pretty much anything I could have imagined. Please let me know if you’ve had an enlarged organ that’s healed this way. The practitioner says she can support me, but the healing really needs to come from my mind. Also, that my pancreas is not damaged yet, just that it’s chronically enlarged. Since my sonogram and blood tests were normal, my insurance won’t pay for a CT scan or MRPC, but I’ve now had this confirmed with multiple alternative methods. Thank you.

2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Dear BrooklynGal,
    You have every right to be angry, but, shit happens and now you have to deal with it. My opinion on that might be contoversial, anyway, here is what I would do if I were in your shoes: I would have a MRI. I would not rely upon alternative practitioners. An inflammation of the pancreas is serious and it cannot always been seen in a ultrasound. Maybe you could talk again with your doctor and because of the persistent symptoms the insurance might pay for it.
    As you know I am myself very worried that my doctor is missing something and I am paying myself for a MRI.
    Think, if the the MRI is clear! This gives you a much better starting point for your TMS work. Some years ago I spent money for alternative medicine, one used a pendulum to find the right vitamins for me (imagine!). This was all useless. My opinion now: get a medical examination to rule out anything that has to be dealt with medically. If nothing could be found (or nothing that really accounts for your symptoms), then go on with taking it psychologically. Of course, also structural diseases have a psychological dimension. E.g. I think that most gastritis is psychosomatic ... you are literally sick and tired of something ...
    I don’t know if this helps.