1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11 Optimistic and Anxious

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Feb 25, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

I'm afraid to jinx myself, but I think this program might be working. It's like magic really, because I'm really not conscious about how it's working. It's like we're all under group hypnosis or something, ha ha. I just notice less bladder pain the last several days. However, I get anxious when I get too happy and excited about it. I'm afraid that thinking about it too much will make it come back, or that I'm getting too optimistic, and then it will come back and disappoint me. I only had some mini flare-ups when my friend told me her husband, whom I just visited 3 weeks ago, passed away from lung cancer. And also from indulging in a lemon cake (citrus and IC don't mix).

As expected i guess, I'm also getting pain in other places I've had it in the past. The last several days, I've had more knee pain again - starting with a hike on the weekend, and really sharpened during a Barre class yesterday. And I'm getting more wrist pain after being on the computer. I'm going skiing this weekend for my birthday, so I guess my mind knows the knee is the last place I want pain right now.

I'll be skipping the program for a few days while skiing because nobody's bringing a computer and I'm too afraid to bring my journal with my family around.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, prisd. Looks like you're doing really great in the SEProgram. It will be good for you to take break with the ski trip and leave the computer behind.
    M favorite vacations were wilderness canoe trips in Minnesota and Ontario, Canada. This was before computers, but we left our radios and wrist watches home and just enjoyed sunrise to sunset.

I think it's best not to spend too much time thinking about the emotional causes of our TMS pain. Jut an hour a day at most, then live in the moment and try to find ways to enjoy every moment.