1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 17 Optimism

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 11, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

On day 16, I woke up at 3 am with terrible neck pain. The problem is... my shoulder/upper back is my chronic ailment. How crazy is it that my pain moved to a new area the day AFTER this SEP (Day 15) asked me if my pain was moving around?! The power of suggestion is astonishing! While I believe now more than ever that my issue is TMS, I can't say that I'm "happy" that the pain is in a new location. It's scary because I'm so accustomed to dealing with my old pain. I should feel optimism that pain movement has been normal for many people who have healed from TMS. This morning, I just wanted to rest for as long as possible. But I noticed that fear was the driving emotion in that thought. Instead, I got up and exercised at the nearby sports park for about an hour. The new neck pain was there, but I pushed through, knowing that no damage was being done. My shoulder/upper back pain has been almost non-existent since the new neck pain began early yesterday. I want to treat this new pain differently than I originally treated my old pain. I don't want rituals. I don't want to "live with it". I don't want it to rule my life. I want ALL of my pain gone. I deserve it.

- Matt

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Matt. It sure looks like you are doing everything right in TMS healing. Your back pain is almost gone and your new neck pain will soon go away, too. You need to be a little patient. You do deserve to be free of all pain and you will. Just keep going in the SEProgram and have total faith in TMS.

Enjoy the holiday coming up and try to relax and count your blessings. I'm 86 and wish I could spend an hour at a sports park. I probably could, if I just sat on a bench and watched younger guys like you be active. But I am not in pain and am thankful for that.

3. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Thank you Walt. I always enjoy your encouragement. I'll take that advice and enjoy this Easter weekend!