1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Opinions

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I would like people opinions on wether I should take my wife to therapy to deal with my anger and rage in a safe environment ?

I feel I need to do this?

2. Markus

Markus Guest

Yes,she is causing you a lot of rage and unwilling to work with you on your marriage. So I wouldn't give her a choice on this, it may help her a great deal, as well as help you understand her actions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  3. steve1

steve1 Newcomer

not sure about your situation but i think for therapy to work both parties need to be up for it ?

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Would she go?

5. Boston Redsox

Don't know ? Problaby not I think I need to get out of this sinking ship

Lizzy and Markus like this.
  6. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Boston, have you ever thought about asking her to go on a spiritual and mindfulness course with you? Whilst I do fully appreciate and understand the need for counselling. I think it could be a more beneficial practice for you to both incorporate something into your lives together and strengthen your foundations.

7. Boston Redsox

Mike thx for your response but my wife wants out totally there is no saving this marriage she made it pretty clear to me .

8. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey my friend, I'm sorry to hear that.

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A marriage where only one person wants to save it is no marriage to stay in.
    Friends have recently divorced and found new peace of mind and happiness.
    Actually, three different sets of friends have divorced. Each with their own reasons,
    or those that they are willing to share with me.

I never married. I stayed with dogs. I'm 85 and couldn't be happier.
    For me, good friends have given me all the love I need.

Tennis Tom likes this.