1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32 Opening up with others

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Jan 19, 2022.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

I was really quite stressed yesterday and let out a lot of emotions in my journaling last night. This really seemed to help calm me down and my TMS symptoms improved as well. I normally keep all my feelings bottled up, but today I talked to two friends about how I’ve been struggling to cope with certain things. It was useful for me because they were able to understand my feelings and also help me to see things from another perspective. When I came home I went running and ran faster than I ever have before. I didn’t even mean to run that fast. I just set off at that pace and it felt comfortable to me. After the run I felt a sense of calm again, like I’d released a lot of pent up emotions. I also felt my shoulder relax in a way that it hasn’t for a very long time. It was a really pleasurable feeling and put me in a great mood. I’m slowly learning that there will be bumps in the road on this journey, but I now have hope, which is the most important thing.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for the great entry in your journey log.

This is wonderful, expected, and miraculous all at once. I can feel this in me reading your words. I this kind of experience goes very deep, and without having to do much about it, does undo the TMS inner workings down deep, especially with your patience. Bravo!