1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 one week into program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DaveNY1, Nov 26, 2013.

1. DaveNY1

DaveNY1 New Member

I’m about one week into the program and making progress. I’m able to sit without worrying too much about the pain and overcoming certain fears. I’m gaining confidence daily and making sure to do the program daily as much as I can. one thing I’m having trouble with is I feel that I’m conditioned to twist and crack my back, and I probably do it like 30 times or more a day. every time I stand up I feel the need to twist and crack my back. I guess in my mind it feels good but it probably is making me think about my back more. so I guess my question is should I stop doing those twists/stretches? by doing these stretches do they reinforce the conditioning?
    thanks

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes they do reinforce the conditioning, I'm glad your doing good though- so hang in there and keep getting better.
    Keep us posted- Your doing great, just no need for the back popping. You will be fine without it, just a bad habit- that's all
    bless you

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, DavyNY
    Herbie's advice is good. Just try not to do the bad habit thing and reply 100 percent on TMS.\

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. If you want to pop anything, maybe a can of beer.

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Take the advice from Eric and Walt, they have helped so much! They are great
    caring people and will give you the strength to rid yourself of tms. Please believe
    me. Nancy

5. DaveNY1

DaveNY1 New Member

Thanks guys.