1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 20 One thing I would change...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Laudisco, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I think the greatest change I would like in my life is to be free from fear. I want to be free from the fear of pain, because to be honest I am scared of my pain. I'm not scared about a structural problem, I'm simply scared due to the severity of the pain.

I also want to be free from fear about what other people think of me. I want to be free from unhealthy fears of God and being condemned. I want to be free from my fear of rejection, and being alone. I even get fearful about situations which might trigger my anxiety, as being anxious is such an unpleasant state to be in.

I really want to be free emotionally, mentally and spiritually more than anything else. It makes me think of this Scripture verse:

"The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?" - Proverbs 18:14 NIV

As far as the steps to take to get there, I know there are lots of things I can do. I've been doing guided Christian meditation lately, which has helped to calm me down and overcome anxiety. I've also been seeing a counsellor, and doing the Structured Education Program. There are many helpful books related to health and spiritual growth which are helping me too.

Talking to friends and receiving their support and prayers during this time has been invaluable as well. I feel really blessed and thankful to have such wonderful people in my life! :)

Lunarlass66 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Laudisco. I know what you mean about fear. It's a battle I and most of us have.
    I work on my fears by trusting more in God, as I am sure you are doing.

I say the Rosary every day (there are excellent videos on the Rosary on YouTube
    so I don't feel I am saying it alone). I feel closer to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and Blessed Mary.

I also read the Bible and TMS books and just got a copy of Eckhart Tolle's book,
    THE POWER OF NOW, A Guide to Spiritual Enlightment.
    I bought a used paperback copy for 39 cents plus $4 postage from an amazon.com books seller.
    Am going to start reading it because it won't do me any good on my shelf.

Hope you have a joyful, painless, Happy Thanksgiving.

I live alone except for my darling dog and actually love being alone.
    I am with family and friends when I want to be.

3. Laudisco

Thanks so much for sharing Walt! I do have some pre-written prayers which are very helpful and soothing to me. I like to use them every day, especially as I often feel tired and struggle to find the right words. I've also been going to a Christian meditation group… I went again today, which was uplifting. I feel like God uses this time of silence to speak to me. I sensed Him saying to me today, "I will strengthen your innermost being".

I've also started doing Christian meditation every day, which has been truly wonderful and life-giving! Praise God for that. I've been using the guided meditations from this website, and I would highly recommend them. They include breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, Scripture meditation and a visualisation with Christian themes. You can also get their app for free on iPhone and Android. I downloaded it onto my Android phone and it's really good. :)

Being in Him: Relaxation and Meditation on Scripture Music Therapy

4. Laudisco

And I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too, Walt! Many blessings. :joyful:

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I had a very nice Thanksgiving. A niece and her husband came here and we had a traditional turkey dinner.
    Christian meditation is great. I don';t have an iPhone or Android, but I have the Bible and other reading and
    meditation on YouTube. It's wonderful for inner peace.

Laudisco likes this.
  6. Laudisco

Glad to hear you had a very nice Thanksgiving Walt! Take care.