1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

One stiff muscle

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hello_henman, Mar 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. hello_henman

hello_henman New Member

Hi folks,

I'm just over a week into the structured education program but I've been familiar with the mid/body theory for a few months now. I've seen some great improvements already, especially in areas where the pain moved around a lot (down my limbs especially). I now have zero doubt that I have TMS. Even my acid reflux has improved massively.

However, I have one stiff muscle, somewhere deep in my upper back on the right side, just below the neck, that seems to be permanently switched on. It hurts a lot first thing in the morning and it hurts to look down. Annoyingly no matter what mental techniques I try I don't seem to be able to tell my brain that this is TMS. I haven't had it scanned or anything but I doubt theres any real reason to. It barely hurts unless I look down, and literally every other issue I've had has responded to TMS treatment so far.

Does anyone have any ideas how to convince myself that what I'm dealing with is just another benign symptoms of TMS. Has anyone else had one muscle that just wouldn't let go (and that eventually did?). Thanks!

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

If you have 0 doubt that you have tms, then why do you doubt :)
    I suggest going back through the first few days of the SEP or reading Dr. Sarno’s 12 daily “mantras” (also recordings of him reading these on youtube).
    One, muscle or one tendon is probably the most common tms symptom. Dr. Sarno also suggests getting back to moving your body. Do you move? Move regularly, several times a day?

3. hello_henman

hello_henman New Member

Oh yes, I'm moving, don't worry about that. Lots of walking plus I've started swinging a golf club again :) I'm trying my best not to have doubts but its hard when it's a different 'type' of pain to the others. My brain must be playing tricks on me..