1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

One step forward two back... Question

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Dec 4, 2015.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I’ve been doing pretty well since we talked, but since yesterday, I’ve felt some pain creeping back in. I’m not really scared about it (which is good for me), but I’m frustrated and feeling a bit hopeless in the TMS fight. I have been laying with the baby at night and I feel like when I get up, I’m super stiff. I went to work yesterday and noticed some pain as well. It moves around quite a bit. How do I overcome the unconscious feelings that I need the pain? Also, do you think we can ever overcome this for good (or the majority of the time) or is one flair up after the other what I have to deal with?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, COgirl. I hope you can become more positive that TMS is going to heal you. Dr. Sarno and others say that if pain moves around, it means you are healing. Don't think you need the pain. That keeps you focused on having pain. Some people overcome pain for good through TMS knowledge. For others, pain may go but come back. That can happen if something recent triggers a past emotion that caused the pain in the first place.

Try to be positive... Think, "I am going to heal completely and for good... The best is yet to come!"

hug time.jpg

3. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I do believe that TMS is the definite cause of this pain. I have 99% belief of that. The 1% is postpartum pain. I do, however, worry that it won't work for me long term and I'll have these ups and downs forever. I know that's also the TMS in my brain trying to make me discouraged.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi COgirl05,

This seems to be a good observation. That there are lingering fears, and that they are directly caused by the TMS process. It may help to see the fears and doubts themselves as TMS symptoms. Ultimately no one knows whether you will kick the pain forever, or if it may come and go. Probably the TMS doesn't know either! ;)

I still have occasional foot pain, stiffness. I can see the fear arising, and I can also not worry about any of it. It will not debilitate me, of that I am certain. This is a process for me. I am 2 1/2 years into it. Give yourself time. You already made a lot of progress, it seems.

Andy B.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Like Andy said give it time i have had highs and lows... I stop going to Dr for more test. Be easy on yourself i know its hard when anger and anxiety come a knocking. Deep breathing and quiet meditation helps me ...if my pain is severe i go to big pharma for some help.