1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 On my way

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wjc, Sep 9, 2013.

1. wjc

wjc New Member

I have been having severe back and leg pain for about six weeks now. It started as "sciatica," as diagnosed by my chiropractor (this is not my first bout) and is now more of an "iliopsoas syndrome" pain, as diagnosed by my acupuncturist, who says there's absolutely nothing wrong with my sciatic. My GP just gave me ibuprofen and muscle relaxers and ordered an MRI. All I know for sure is that I did absolutely nothing to bring this on. Well, not physically, anyway, and certainly not consciously. So, I read Healing Back Pain about three weeks ago, and decided I needed a plan, so I started Rapid Recovery. When it got to the plan, though, I backed off. I had been to two chiropractors at that point, one of which actually made the pain worse and in a whole new area, and told me that was a good thing.

I guess for some reason it was scary for me to begin this journey, so instead I tried acupuncture. Surprise, surprise, that didn't work. So here I am, ready to start my journey, hoping to convince my subconscious that i know what is going on and that it is unnecessary. I'm ready to take my life back, to be the wife and mother that my family deserves, to be ME again. I miss me.

suej likes this.