1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 On meditating and progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by camera, Jun 22, 2014.

1. camera

camera Peer Supporter

I've found that some meditation techniques work really well for me whereas others seem really difficult. It's interesting that in the day 6 meditation exercise they told us to focus on the present moment. Telling myself to focus on the present moment seems to be the trick that gets me to snap back to the here and now. I'll have to remember to do that in the future.

My progress has been fair so far. I've found some of the information in the program helpful in re-evaluating some of the habits in my life. I've done a lot of journaling in the past, mainly freewriting, and it just left me frustrated. I think I might need to focus on a different method. Freewriting doesn't seem to be for me. The unsent letter idea has worked for me in the past. I might have to do more of that.

Marian likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes camera use the meditations that work for you now. Later after you get used to them you might want to check out more advanced meditations but I have always liked the simplicity in mindfulness meditations.
    In journaling the key is to write about your current and past stressors and also your personality traits that don't serve you well, the point is to bring to consciousness the traits that you are unaware of now, writing it down will give you that ah-ha moment.
    Getting your stressors out on paper is a form of release, like the unsent letters so your thinking in the right direction, keep us in touch and thanks for writing.
    Bless you

Marian likes this.