1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 On meditating and muscle relaxation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stiffbreeze, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Stiffbreeze

Stiffbreeze Newcomer

After journaling on a past trauma and feeling quite emotional and exhausted, going through this meditation and body scan helped me find peace and serenity.

I was able to relax my muscles, mostly in my face and upper back more so willingly than I normally am. I'm an experienced meditator, so dropping into the breath and the body was relatively simple but my mind almost longed for it after the difficult emotional journey I had just gone through.

I repeated the phrase "peace" to myself a few times during the practice and it felt right. It made me think of Aragorn telling the band of Oathbreakers, those wraiths in the mountain, to finally go and be at peace after having never rested for their hundreds of years of torment and shame. "Go and be at peace"...and I was.

JanAtheCPA, Balsa11 and Hedger like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Beautiful! Your mantra of "peace" is such a kind wish for yourself. I think sometimes we forget that our gentle intention that things be easier for ourselves can be very powerful.