1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

On Kurt Cobain & Stomach Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by wastinglight, Mar 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. wastinglight

wastinglight New Member

i was listening to a podcast last night talking about Kurt Cobain, of Nirvana (“Disgraceland” for those interested. Amazing series for fans of music!) In it, the narrator references Kurt’s well-documented heroin use, noting that Kurt took so heavily to it as it helped ease his chronic, awful stomach pain. Kurt saw all kinds of doctors money could buy and could never find a proper solution.

“I’m on warm milk and laxatives
    Cherry flavored antacids,”
    that’s a line from a Cobain song called Pennyroyal Tea. The symptoms in his stomach, by all accounts, really bothered him.

I betcha everything it was TMS. Kurt was a dude with a lot of stress in his mind & subconscious. The narrator seems to allude to this as well, interestingly. He briefly refers to the stomach pain as psychosomatic.

Sad that he could not receive a proper diagnosis

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Ellen likes this.
  2. miquelb3

miquelb3 Well known member

Unfortunately improper, wrong diagnosis are too frequent.
    In the USA Sarno/TMS is a consolidated option, with lots of good doctors and counselors...but in Europe WHAT A WASTELAND !

wastinglight likes this.