1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Old wisdom becomes new wisdom

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ellen, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I was cleaning out my bookshelf today, and picked up an old book I had completely forgotten about, in which I had flagged one page and highlighted the following passage about 20 years ago:

"Florinda* was convinced that a person who successfully restored health, whether a doctor or a folk healer, was someone who could alter the body's fundamental feelings about itself and its link with the world--that is, someone who offered the body, as well as the mind, new possibilities so that the habitual mold to which body and mind had learned to conform could be systematically broken down. Other dimensions of awareness would then become accessible, and the commonsense expectations of disease and health could become transformed as new bodily meanings became crystallized." (p.17; Florinda Donner, the Witch's Dream, 1985)

That passage perfectly explains what I have come to understand as how we heal from TMS. When I highlighted that passage over 20 years ago, I had just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I knew that passage contained the truth, but it has taken me over 20 years to begin to understand it.

*Florinda, in this quote, is Florinda Matus, a spiritual healer in Mexico who was associated with the spiritual healer don Juan Matus, written about extensively by Carlos Casteneda. The author quoted above is a counterpart of Carlos Casteneda, and also a student of cultural anthropology, who wrote two books about her field research--the one quoted above, and Being-In-Dreaming.

2. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

How interesting! I've been involved in inner healing prayer from a Christian perspective, and I read this testimony which was quite amazing:

"My parents were very young when they married, and I came along after one year. I remember sitting playing on the floor under the ironing board while Mother was ironing and she said, "Don't grow up and get married and have children like me, but have a career." I understood from this that somehow I was a blockage to her doing what she had wanted to do and I felt a sense of rejection.

My mother was a perfectionist and although she loved me, I could never fully please her. My grandfather remarked that she treated me like a doll and always wanted me to be perfect. I have come to realise that I had a core belief that she wasn't pleased with me because I was unworthy of love and not good enough to be loved. I believed that God loved me enough to save me from hell but was not sure He would want to heal me because I was not significant.

I developed multiple sclerosis (MS) which was aggressive, and soon I needed a wheelchair to get around. I desperately needed healing. As part of the healing process, I needed to confess my unbelief and accept the truth of God's love. I needed to receive a new deep understanding of His care for me in my inmost being. I received prayer over two years, resulting in much inner healing, but there was still no change to my physical condition.

One day my Heavenly Father brought some very special people to pray with me. I forgave my mother for her rejection and my difficult upbringing, in a deeper way than ever before. I also forgave her for leaving me so unprepared for raising a family. Curses were lifted and I was released from generational sickness and… I was completely healed in that moment.

The next day I chased my daughter around the local park - something I had never ever been able to do. I have now been healed for twenty four years and have no further signs of MS."
    Source: pp.152-153, The Truth and Freedom Series: Rescue from Rejection by Denise Cross, Sovereign World Publishers, 2010.​

3. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

I love this, @Ellen . Thanks for sharing!

Ellen likes this.