1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Old injry. Fall on butt

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mr2NuT123, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mr2NuT123

Mr2NuT123 New Member

Hi all,

Firstly, hope you're all well in this mad time in history.

So 2 years ago this month, I stupidly pulled a weed out of the ground instead of cutting it, and I shot back about a metre and landed on my butt (attached photo of exact location).

When it happened, I bounced right back up even though it bloody hurt for a few mins, I thought nothing of it, and went back to work. About a week later it really started to give me hassle sitting down. I tried donut cushions, then docs, which referred me to physio months later (long waiting time!).. I'm a massive overthinker, always have been, and I had a hugely stressful job at the time. Typically I'm in IT, so sitting down all day. I had zero issues walking but progressively got worse, to the point of rage/tears/not sleeping.

After a year or so, it almost completely went, but it's returned in a minimal form and I think it might be due to this covid nonsense. I DON'T want to start a debate here, but at this point in time, and upon close examination of expected yearly deaths in this country (not cases), I believe it's causing inner rage due to 95% of healthy people being locked away for something that doesn't affect them.

It's causing my mind to go into overdrive and wonder what on earth lies ahead for not only myself, but my family and future generations. I believe that this is the cause for bringing this back into action, but then then next day, I'm telling myself that it's because I'm getting older and it never repaired.

As Sarno said "despite the perception of injury, patients are not injured. The physical occurrence has given the brain the opportunity to begin an attack of TMS" and "It is illogical to think that an injury that occurred 2 months ago might still be causing pain, not to mention 1 or 2 or 10 years ago..". This audio book absolutely got me past a very dark part of life, and both my job and my hobbies include a lot of sitting down, so to me, it was devastating. I'd have taken the broken arm any day.

As I'm typing this message now, I've just felt the pain move to the trigger point on my side where the physio first performed trigger point therapy, which did help a lot (possibly placebo).

I've always been very thin, but I've noticed weight loss in the last year of around a stone, which I clearly need to put back on. I've started doing squats again, and clams to build muscle, and it seemed to go for a week or two, then it came back in the last few days.

I just wondered what peoples thoughts were of this one? 2 years does seem a very long time for a fall that didn't crack or break anything structurally.

Attached Files:

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi and Welcome Mr2NuT123,

To have something "act up" after two years is pretty good evidence for TMS type symptoms, yes.

Movement of pain is another piece of evidence that it is not physical.

I think you're right on here to make the emotional/feeling connections. You're seeing a probable correlation.

I recommend you do the Structured Education Program available free at the Wiki. Read success stories, and know that the exact symptoms don't have to be the same as yours.

Keep us posted and ask questions. Welcome.

Andy

Mr2NuT123 likes this.