1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 ok for it to be a gradual process

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by oceana15, May 11, 2016.

1. oceana15

oceana15 New Member

Reading Peg Hanson's story today was very encouraging for me. She says that she did not have an instantaneous resolution to her symptoms, and that it was a "gradual process of healing and self discovery" for her. It's such a relief to hear these words, because of course as a perfectionist I feel impatient and as though I should have experienced some spontaneous, instant, miraculous resolution to my foot pain right after reading Dr. Sarno's book. Having confirmation that it's ok for the process to unfold in its own time makes me feel hopeful, empowered, and more at peace!

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm on my healing journey too, but I wanted to say, the subconscious has no concept of time. Therefore, one must surrender, believe and embrace TMS teachings without any expectations on oneself.

oceana15 likes this.
  3. oceana15

oceana15 New Member

Thank you for your response, Mike. This part about letting go of expectations is of course key to recovery, but also so hard for me! I'm learning to be fully present in each moment and to remind myself that no matter what, I'm ok and I'm open to feeling my feelings and I don't need to be afraid of the pain.

mike2014 likes this.
  4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you're on the right path, you can cultivate the practice of letting go through mindfulness. The more often one does it, the more the easier it becomes, until integration occurs.

That's great. Gentle enquiry to ones subconcious as to establish why one feels the way they do, coupled with self talk, reassurance and positive affirmations to ones inner child, can allow for positive lasting change.

Last edited: May 12, 2016