1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Officially getting started

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MellieV, Jan 22, 2016.

1. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Hello everyone! I can't tell you how relieved I am to find this forum. I have been suffering with rotating foot, knee, and back pain since early September 2015. After a stressful weekend away from home, and my son breaking his arm in 3 locations, I started feeling some tingling and numbness in both feet. Long story short - after a few weeks, this morphed into full blown pain. In the past 5 months I've had x-rays, MRI's, pain meds, physical therapy...you name it. This past Tuesday, in total desperation I had 2 epidural steroid injections into my lower lumbar region. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I just finished reading Louise Hay's "You Can Heal Your Life" knowing in my gut that there was something else going on. Thinking back, these physical problems have been rearing their ugly head slowly for much longer. In my quest for more literature online, I found Dr. Sarno's book and this wonderful website. I am so ready for this. I hope I am posting in the right place to start.

I'm journaling my answer to Day 1's question in detail at home, but on here, I can sum it up very easily - Life without TMS for me would mean complete freedom! Being relaxed and no longer afraid to go places, be out for long periods of time, and no more worry about my future health. It would mean I am safe.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MellieV. If it gives you some encouragement for healing, I am 85 and healed two years ago from severe back pain that I learned from reading Dr, Sarno was from repressed anger. I thought I had done a good job of repressing feelings of abandonment and insecurity after my parents divorced when Iw as seven, but it stayed welled up inside me until I got the back pain and realized it came from TMS emotions.

I have been mostly free of back pain for nearly three years, just occasionally a little of it when I am newly stressed, I just shoveled 2 inches of snow off my driveway and front walk and did it without pain, so I think I am doing fine for an old geezer.

This web site and its very caring members will help you to heal. The SEProgram will help you to discover your repressed emotions. They may be from being a perfectionist or goodist person, wanting everyone to like and approve of you all the time.

Keep posting about your progress in the SEP and ask any questions or make any comments about the program or TMS . Welcome and good luck.
    Think positive, believe 100 percent in TMS, and you will achieve your goal of being healthy and safe.

3. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Thanks for the quick reply, Walt. I look forward to encouragement on here, because I'm sure most people will think this approach is kind of kooky. No matter though. I'm looking forward to total healing, and that is my main focus. I'm glad to be in good company, and hope I can be some help in return.
    I'm already working through some definite fear fueled pain today. My brain is forcing me to think that these epidural shots made me worse/gave me new problems. One day at a time...