1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Official diagnosis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sky, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Sky

Sky New Member

Although I am pretty sure my symptoms (lower back pain, herniated disk l4-l5 and l-5 S1) are TMS because of my personality and stress factors, I would still like to get an official diagnosis. I live in Houston, where we have lots of medical dr's but no TMS dr's or therapists. Where would you recommend I go for an official diagnosis? Thanks!

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

How far is Fort Worth from you? You can call it a vacation:

John Sklar, MD
    (Physician)

Dr. John Sklar practices Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation in Fort Worth, Texas. He has been treating TMS for 20 years. Here he reviews "The Presence Process" by Michael Brown. "In it is a very good description of the cause/source of our unconscious conflicts (the one's that result in TMS). Then a 10 week process is described which will begin to allow the unconscious material to be integrated/digested. I believe that it describes the single best TMS treatment protocol on the planet (and I am not one to throw about such words lightly). At any rate you should be aware of this material. I have showed it to DR. Sarno who was initially quite skeptical (after I described it to him) but later was quite impressed. He believes it is great description of the source of repressed emotions (one of "the best" that he has seen)." (Source)

Board Certified in Physical Medicine/Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine
    2500 West Freeway
    Suite 400
    Fort Worth, TX 76102
    (817) 870-1868
    TMS Wiki Profile / Forum Posts
    Insurance Accepted: Aetna, Cigna, Medicaid, Medicare, Workers Comp, PacifiCare, Humana, BCBS, United Health Care, Wellpoint

3. Sky

Sky New Member

Thank you Tennis Tom! Does anybody have experience with Dr. Sklar? I would like to visit him but the reviews online for him are not very good. Of course they may be skewed because of his views not being in line with "tradional" medicine in the US. Thanks!

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle