1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

OCD, numbers and TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jul 11, 2021.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I have been feeling mentally drained and need help. So i was repeating something in my head about a friend in why he might not be getting to stream today (on Twitch) a couple of times.

heres the thing, if I end up repeating what I said at 3 it means its perfection, 6 bad, 7 good and 13 unlucky. This are my thoughts and what I said about him i think it might have ended at 4 after repeating the same thing a BUNCH of timed but my mind is trying to convince me I end up at 3

So its telling me to repeat it again or something good or bad might happen to him.

yes i take ocd meds and im with a psychiatrist.

2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Hi Stevow7!

I recently listened to an episode of of Nicole Sachs' podcast, "The Cure for Chronic Pain", where she talked a little about OCD being TMS. It wasn't the gist of the whole episode, but it was there. If you're a podcast listener, you might check it out. I think it was Episode 140, which dropped week before last. I could be wrong, though, although I know it was within the last 2-3 weeks.

From a TMS perspective, repetitive thoughts of any kind are your brain using familiar neural pathways. That's my understanding of it anyway. I don't know if I'm OCD but I tend towards repetitive thoughts and it can be hard to stop it, although I am getting better about it.

Celayne

Ellen likes this.