1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Occasional pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Debs2830, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Debs2830

Debs2830 Newcomer

Since I started on the program I have seen immediate results .
    My major pain has gone away. but 3 weeks into it, I still get like every other day, when I get to bed, my feet are still so painful.
    I understand that TMS pain will go away slowly. but what do you do when that occasionall pain hits?
    I try talking to the pain, letting out on my journal what might be bringing it up, but it doesn't go away.
    Will that occasional pain keep coming back?
    Does the TMS ever go away totally ?

2. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Debs congratulations on your success so far. This is a huge achievement. Remind yourself of this every day!

TMS pain dissolves over time for most of us, but patience is key. Keep going with the SEP and continue to do the psychological work.

Your TMS pain that has hung around is akin to taking a boiling pot of water off the boil. The simmer will continue for some time and gradually ease. This is what happens in our bodies. The more soothing you can give your body through rest, fun, laughter, love etc the more healing will happen.

Don't calendar watch; just fill your days with purpose, fun and peace and the body will thank you. Oh and post your success story when this happens:)

Ellen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, debs. I like Colly's advice. Be patient and believe 100 percent in TMS emotions causing your pain.

The more relaxed and calm you can be before going to bed could help your feet pain. That is caused by your emotions, especially fear that the pain will never stop. I suggest you meditate for half an hour or an hour before bedtime, don't watch tv or be on the computer, and practice deep breathing. I also recommend drinking a cup of hot milk before bedtime. I add a little honey and a pinch of nutmeg and go to sleep right away. Most nights I sleep through until 7 am when I normally awake. I also take it during the day if I am stressed.

4. Debs2830

Debs2830 Newcomer

I feel like, when my feet hurt and i used to think it was physical, i would take advil and the pain would lessen.
    now that i believe its' emotional, so i am kind of stuck with the pain, because there isn't immediate results.

That part I don't understand.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Debs. It takes patience and perseverance. It's okay to take the Advil while you still believe the pain is TMS.