1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Obsessed with pain - crisis situations

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by filipe, Oct 6, 2016.

1. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

What should one do when is stuck, and obsessed with pain, and thus in a constant fear?

Why is so difficult to shift your attention, or contemplate things in live, in these crisis situations? I know that one should force to shif his attention, but how? How can one prevent to fall into these vicious cicles in the future?

Should one take anxiety pill in this SOS situations?

Thanks

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  3. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

I am trying :(

I'm affraid of pills, because I know you can get dependant on them...

Why does a thought or an idea that seemed stucked, creates so much anxiety, and fear? Does this happens also with positive thoughts?

The other day I couldn't sleep due to pain. I reread parts of the book I had, about mind body. Dr. SArno books, etc, but nothing seemed to help, until I pick up a different book, and than I slept...

Does an obsessive person, obsessed with fear and pain, or fear from having pain, have to move to a more heathy obsession, so that he can be free from pain? Is obsession, always a unhealthy?

Thanks

4. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    filipe likes this.
  5. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

Thanks, actually looking at the sky, and the trees makes me feel very good :). I was just trying hard to avoid relapses, and this is making me not recovering from my last one... I guess I'm trying too hard, again... I fear not having my mind occupied with positive things :(

6. bachman

bachman Peer Supporter

There's another recent post that is useful on this subject that refers to the content of Dr Claire Weekes book

In summary,
    Try not to fight the pain
    Rather, relax and let it sweep through your body

I'll come back with the link

filipe likes this.
  7. bachman

bachman Peer Supporter

8. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

Thanks. This was exactly what I did in the past... now I'm having dificulties doing the same, but I know it is the right approach... I just wich I had more fulfield life :( I work at night, During the day what left of my friends are working... :( The problem with my TMS pain, is that it affects all my body...

9. bachman

bachman Peer Supporter

Keep persisting with it friend

I get the fulfilment thing
    Sarno and others I've come across have mentioned the whole getting more positive fulfilling things in your life to counteract the negatives

Sarno says it can sometimes be as simple as that. Seeing how you appreciate the sky and trees is a small reference to that so attempt to find more, both small and large

I've got a full list of 'things I love to do' from a daily/weekly basis to 1-2 times a year. While all or not at all possible, I'm doing more of them and it is comforting

be well