1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Observations on pain symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Toby2015, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

Hello again
    I'm on with the journaling fine, bringing up past emotional memories has been both testing and emotional yet I think it's helping
    I'm not mediating enough, finding time is my excuse but I know it's a bad one.
    I am putting head phones on at night to listen to mediation or hypnotherapy on over thinking but I'm asleep before I know it, hope it's still getting in!
    I exercise quite regularly so nothing to report that's different there apart from I've stopped taking my mobile out on dog walks, trying to be mindful and all.
    On a positive note Pain wise, I can report that my back is much better. I haven't been to my chiro apps since Xmas, I have had an odd twinge but as soon as I feel it I think 'TMS! Go away' and it seems to listen.
    My IBS is better even after eating out and drinking, (twice on a run this weekend and I'm still ok) I have noticed stomach pains though when I'm thinking if something stressing me out. I stop thinking about it and it goes. Weird...
    On a negative note pain wise, I am still suffering with a Tinnitus (it has been quieter and not as irritating) so maybe this should be in plus points, not just yet though.
    My over active bladder is still over active yet I find I'm nit thinking about it all the time and sometimes I haven't worried about how often I've been to the loo all day, could this us a good sign? Another that needs more improvement I think.
    My hands have still been hurting, in fact worse, and I've had joints in my fingers hurting that haven't before, is this the pain moving round peoples report?
    I've had toothache for day for no aparent reason, strangely it's next to a wisdom tooth that's going to be taken out soon but there's no pain usually.
    Finally, my Psoriasis is going bananas! It's red and itchy this last week or so. I have been juicing for it this last week. Am I making it worse? The recipe given to me was specifically for it.
    Ok, rant on pain over. I'd love to hear anyone's take on my experience so far. Thanks
    Pls: I've introduced my brother to TMS and this site too, he really believes it could help him too. The odd thing is, we both have similar health problems...

2. Moppy

Moppy Peer Supporter

Wow...it sounds ike you're improving overall Toby2015...that's marvellous. Are you keeping track of all this on an evidence sheet? I find that really helpful to read back on when I'm having a bad pain day. I notice you're beating yourself up for not meditating enough....be gentle with yourself. You've begun to do it and habits dont happen overnight! The fact that you are not worrying about your ailments so much is a HUGE step, because this is the whole reason our brains create TMS, to keep us anxious and fearful.abput pur bodies to distract us from our repressed emotions. Maybe your pain is moving about because the brain is trying to rengage your fears again by trying something new...its realised its losing the batlle with your old symptoms. You're doing really well...thanks for sharing. It really helps me too....

Toby2015 likes this.
  3. Toby2015

Toby2015 Peer Supporter

Thanks for your reply moppy
    It's good to hear that I'm on the right track as it dies make you question yourself when things are getting worse. My psoriasis is really bad at the mo. I've so started reading Dr Sarno divided mind too so on wards and upwards I hope.