1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 Observation when Pain = 0 %

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hedger, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

I have read "Healing Back Pain" and half of the "Divided Mind"

Two days this week my pain has been 0%. And I´m feeling a bit strange. I can't completely put my finger on it. Here is what I think I´m feeling:

- One of the days I felt sad and afraid. And at several instances even nauseated.
    - One of the days I felt anger and rage. And Hatred.

I don't really know what the nauseated feeling is about. I don't know if it is a new TMS symptom, or a sensation to some strong feeling I´m allowing to feel when pain free. Overall it´s right now emotionally difficult when I´m pain free, but I´m not afraid of it.

Other info
    A) At around day 10 when pain was down a lot already, I got a weird skin rash in the palm of my hand. I ignored it as substitute TMS symptom and now its almost gone.

B) I have been having some weird dreams.

C) My confidence is rising, as well as my feeling of self-worth.

Balsa11 and Lizzy like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This all sounds very promising, @Hedger - I'm going to go so far as to congratulate you for being open enough to change your mind, to the point that your primitive mind is trying to fight back!

Increased emotions, including, for many people, full-blown anxiety and depression, are very common in the early stages of learning about, and accepting, TMS knowledge and awareness. Nausea and weird symptoms? You bet. Anger and rage and hatred? Definitely!

All of these are regularly experienced by people as they hit the second and third weeks of doing the SEP - and as far as I'm concerned, it means you are doing the work.

Have faith, practice self-acceptance and compassion for yourself, learn to soothe yourself, and keep it up! Because this is awesome:
    ~Jan

Balsa11 and Hedger like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes! I agree with Jan. As I read your post I am excited for the changes you report. Things are moving inside. Hugely good news. Be reassured!

4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Double ditto. All good news. Your body is a little uncomfortable without it's distraction so it's offering you a couple of new ones. Don't buy in. Keep doing what your doing.