1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Numbness and tingling in feet - significance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ikreim2, May 12, 2014.

1. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

When I look over these observations of mine from last January 2015, it forces me - once again! - to agree emphatically with Dr John E. Sarno: the reason for the chronic pain epidemic sweeping the USA is the way the medical establishment misdiagnoses an essentially emotional condition while at the same time over-prescribing dangerously addictive pain killers. Makes me wonder whether Prince died as a result of pain meds prescribed for his "sore hip"? Still awaiting full autopsy results. But the pattern, as we know, is an all too common one with TMS patients.

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Perfect Bruce, great reminder, it does look like Glenn Frey also died from a drug related TMS problem. If we could go back in time we would probably see millions of people, famous and non famous, who were killed by the medical industry's lack of awareness, in it's desire to help. I know of several friends and acquaintances who died from unnecessary intervention.

BruceMC likes this.
  3. BruceMC

Perfect way of putting it, Steve. Sounds like you ought to write a book! Oh well, you've already done that, in fact two very good ones. I think the medical establishment given their mechanistic assumptions have contributed mightily to the ongoing problem in the Western world of opioid addiction. They just don't know what to do with PPDs and TMS except prescribe pain pills and wait for the underlying psychological coordinates in the patient's life to change of their own accord.

4. BruceMC

However, my reference to Prince's premature demise, when you begin to learn all of the facts, sounds like it was due to him going off his HIV+ medications and trying to do the pure spiritual-prayer-meditation approach to AIDs recommended by his Jehovah Witness friends. Bad move (if that was indeed the case). Some things modern scientific Western medicine can take care of rather well are infections and inflammation. And, of course, Dr Sarno does recommend getting a full physical to rule out structural or biological causes before going the TMS approach. In fact, I did start feeling 100% better when my blood work came back from Kaiser this February and I was at or above every approved parameters in every one of the 50 or so tests run. That not to deny that modern Western medicine is creating a lot of opioid addicts by prescribing pain killers to counteract psychologically-based conditions and symptoms.

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

A report from the Dr who carried out Princes autopsy has squashed rumours that he had AIDS or HIV. But has confirmed his death was due to the addiction to Fentanyl - the same painkiller used by Michael Jackson.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  6. BruceMC

I did diagnose the cause of Prince's demise based on hearsay, Mike. When the facts came out, the idea that TMS could have played a role seems much more credible.

mike2014 likes this.
  7. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

I happened upon this thread because I have been suffering from the strangest tingling, slight pain and numbness in my lower arms and legs. Came out of nowhere, and keeps me up at night in dread (classic TMS stuff) so I've been reading through all the past threads on tingling and numbness and nerve pains. I know it's TMS, I'm just starting to work with it. Perhaps it's time to start back up Yoga. I'm also considering therapy because I keep beating TMS symptoms and then 6 months later they arise as something new. It's constant!

MWsunin12 likes this.