1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Now it's foot pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Letherebhope, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Letherebhope

Letherebhope New Member

Has this happened to anyone. I'm about 1 month in or so. Back pain is better, not gone but def more tolerable after I started journaling. Anyways, I had foot numbness on and off his entire journey but it seems that my foot has gotten worse now that my back is better. Why is that ? Does this confirm that it probably is TMS? Or is it because I started doing my usual activities such as running, yoga, etc. I'm trying not to get anxiety from this. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

ALL of us have. It is a normal part of the healing process. The week I went back to work after first getting Sarno (for back pain) I was crawling into a lift at work and my knee gave out. I immediately 'recognized' it and began laughing... I limped around for a few days and kept plodding on and it too went away.

Letherebhope likes this.
  3. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

Definitely! I was having pelvic pain and once that started to recede, I began getting tendonitis like pain in my right foot. Since you typically don't get tendonitis two days after you've done any significant walking, I recognized it as TMS. Decided to go for a walk and ignore the pain, and sure enough, after a mile or so of walking, it started feeling better. TMS is tricky and it'll spread on you, especially once you're starting to catch on to it (it can be a good sign of success, actually!). That stage was actually a really big breakthrough for me in recognizing that my pain was 100% TMS.

Letherebhope likes this.