1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Now I have Neck Pressure?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stayfit65, Oct 15, 2015.

1. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Hello everyone,
    I've battled anxiety for over 20 years and back pain for about 4 years. Recently I started having other odd symptoms, while the back pain has improved quite a bit. In the last few days I've had extreme pressure in the sides of my neck, like I'm being strangled! Anybody had this symptom? I'm sure hoping somebody can identify. I'm thinking it's the symptom imperative, and I'm trying not to react to it too much but it is extremely uncomfortable.

Thank you,
    Stayfit

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, stayfit65. Neck pain can be another symptom of TMS. It's very common.
    Or it may just be that you sat in a draft and it got to your neck.
    Maybe try applying a hot wet cloth to your neck, or using BenGay.

The heat in my small house is forced air and even warm air on my head and neck can be uncomfortable so I wear a scarf
    and sometimes even a ski cap.

Just relaxing can help a lot. Try Mindfulness Meditation. Sessions on how to do that (living in the present) started Oct. 1
    and you may not be able to get into it now. But you can learn about MM in videos on Youtube. They're very relaxing.
    My favorite is from Michael Sealey: "Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking." I watch it while deep breathing
    and if I drink a cup of hot milk while watching, I almost fall asleep.

3. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Thank you, Walt. Symptoms have subsided. Amazed at the shifting pattern now. It makes me glad--this is the most I've noticed shifting of symptoms in 4 years. I think it will all be evicted very soon. Thanks for the encouragement.

JanAtheCPA likes this.