1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure where to go from here, at the end of my rope.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by grock23, Dec 16, 2018.

1. grock23

grock23 New Member

I have been trying to do Dr. Sarnos method since 2013. It hasnt worked at all for me. I even saw a TMS psychologist recommended by this forum. I am so tired of living every day in pain. I feel I have reached my breaking point. Some things that make me think i have TMS: abused as a child, "type A" personality , in 2014 got hit by a drunk driver and almost died. My pain is has been in my low back and hips for almost 10 years. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi grock,

Welcome to the Forum and Wiki,

I am sorry about your pain, and lack of relief. I think it might be helpful to list what you're currently doing to treat yourself: daily activities, programs, outside help, etc. And the advice might then be more specific and helpful.

You know we have wonderful free programs over at the wiki, including the Structured Education Program. As you work through that, you can respond each day, and post about your experience.

I also wonder what you got out of the therapist help. Was anything helpful? What did you learn?

I feel this approach will work for most people given regular practice, and for many, some outside help.

Good luck in your work, and I'm glad you're here to seek support.

Sincerely,

Andy B

3. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

You can’t go at it as trying to remove your pain. You have to come to understand the situation better than that. Realize the pain is a distraction from the problems going on in your mind. That’s not a metaphor. That’s literally what TMS is. It’s safe to ignore any thought regarding the pain. Focus on getting happy. Once you progress on being happy and not anxious that pain is going to shift. It’s just confirmation. Continue the same path.

Coffeeplease likes this.