1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Not Me Per Se

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by NIClubber, Dec 8, 2014.

1. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I was in a dance club on Saturday evening and I got chatting to a woman. I started to talk to her about the fact that I have TMS, and a little bit about it.

After a few minutes she started asking me a bit more about it, and she then said something along the lines of "That's what I must have then"!!!!

I chatted to a little more - possibly as much as half an hour, and shortly afterwards she said her pain had significantly reduced ......

Mental.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great NIClubber, your message must have really sunk in. It's fabulous that she was open to listening and accepted it on an unconscious level.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

NIClubber, you sure did that woman a great favor. She was open to learning about TMS and it helped her.

4. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

It wasn't just a dance club by the way ............. it was a strip club.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Perhaps expressing yourself and giving your insight, and seeing the results----all of this is significant to your own healing and understanding!?

6. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

Perhaps. I have been **TALKING** about my emotions rather than just writing about them, and the symptoms seem to be reducing over the last 8-10 weeks or so. Last night I got talking to a therapist I know in England about my 'Fear of the Future', which I wrote about at the end of July. I wonder if there is one specific emotion I need to speak about or just maybe generically talk about emotions.

The woman I spoke to in the strip club was amazing. I'm a massive fan of the entertainer Michael Jackson and I spoke to her about my love of him and the reasons for a long time as well. Unfortunately she has a long-term boyfriend and lives in Liverpool, whereas I live in Belfast, so it would almost certainly never work out for a relationship, but she is truly great.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, NIClubber. A long distance friendship can work well and for sure be a lot better than none at all.
    My best buddies all moved away but we keep in touch by almost daily email and occasional phone calls.
    It was heartwarming to get Christmas cards with notes from many old friends.

Michael Jackson made a lot of people happy.

8. NIClubber

NIClubber Peer Supporter

I think Michael Jackson may have had TMS ..... what do you think?? I'm quite happy to explain why I think this, if you want.

I got chatting to another woman in another strip club in a different city last weekend, and she seemed to think that she has TMS ....... Crazy.

All but one of my friends from the last twenty years or so have moved away over the years. The one that stayed in the area started dating a woman and within a month had started spending every waking hour that he wasn't in work, with her.