1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Not going down without a fight, even if it is w/me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Deb, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Deb

Deb New Member

In a nutshell: Excruiating left leg pain x3-4 weeks. Diagnosed w/a herniated disc, spine MD says L4-L5, neurosurgeon says L3-L4. Discrepency=Trouble. I am completely convinced my symptoms are related to TMS. I am stopping all physical treatments. I never stopped exercising but will try to return to the level of intensity I was accustomed to prior to all this starting. I am 46, great health, total cholesterol 135 (no meds--just proud!), starting exercising in the womb. Down right nice gal with a big heart who works and plays like a viking.

So annoyed that I have repressed feelings! Now I have to deal w/myself. Borrrringggg!!!!! But I will do what I have to in order to get this leg from stop torturing me and get back to my life because I was on a good roll! Looking forward to the program and learning about this and connecting with others who have experienced this syndrome in their lives. Did not think this was the journey I was going on but I welcome it, I obviously need it. Thank you for creating this website and program, I am ever so grateful.

gailnyc likes this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, Deb. Glad you caught all this so early.

3. Deb

Deb New Member

Thank you. I had the good fortune of hearing about Sarno awhile back (pre pain issues). After I was checked out medically and made some changes, I realized it was TMS and purchased Sarno's book. I almost can't believe it. Thanks for the support.

4. Carole Mayer

Carole Mayer New Member

Good luck, Deb. I think 75% of us have something going on at L4/L5, and I KNOW we don't all have to be in pain! ;) sometimes I am fine and sometimes a brutal pain kicks in... Nothing is changing in my back, but a lot must be going on in my subconscious. I'm trying to sort it all out, and I agree, it can be tedious, but apparently it's necessary to kick the pain.

5. Deb

Deb New Member

Thank you for your input. My pain last night almost drove me nuts, well it did. Thank gosh for my hubby and that he knows me so well not to freak out but even let me laugh about it today. I agree, I know I am one stubborn gal, so if that is my conscious mind, I can only imagine what is going on in the subconscious.... Thick as a brick. I started the mindbody workbook today and with the Ed program here, has helped.