1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Not a single flare-up since reading the book; doing great!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by c4brian, Jun 15, 2016.

1. c4brian

c4brian New Member

I came to this website late last year; I had such a great recovery the past 6 months or so, that I wasn't even planning on getting back on here, but I thought I'd made a quick post for others.

I "hurt" my back when I was around 18, and had a surgery at 23 for 2 popped discs. I was better for several years, then started having "pins and needles" in both legs; by the way, this type of symptom is very uncommon for a back injury, because generally disc problems affect one leg or the other (1st clue). Back pain would flare up after lifting things because I was scared to lift. You know the whole story. I thought I would never play soccer again, much less be happy picking my kids off floor, etc.

PT didn't help (had a few bad flare-ups during it as well). No amount of exercises helped. I read the book shortly following weeks of PT early last year. I haven't had a flare-up since then. That's just the beginning though; I've played soccer several times, I do sprints, jumps, dumbbell dead lifts, etc. Basically, if I'm scared of it, I do it. That's the only way through the fear.

If you see degenerative disc disease on your MRI, it means nothing. Ignore your MRI report. If you have a popped disc, that's another story.

Anyway, Dr. Sarno knows his stuff!

Ines, Forest, Ellen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing your success story. It will surely inspire others. Congratulations!

3. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

When you say "popped" disc and are meaning "herniated"... That also equals TMS (and Sarno would agree!) i.e. like "greying hair" of the spine.

4. Ines

Ines Well known member

That is great! I'm so glad you are better.