1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 No Rhyme or Reason

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jonconner, Mar 15, 2021.

1. jonconner

jonconner Peer Supporter

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Since I last posted, my pelvic pain and urinary symptoms seem to have no rhyme or reason to why, when or how painful. I went a day with relatively low pain and trips to the bathroom, but today content urgency and unable to empty my bladder in one visit.

Any advice for when symptoms fluctuate?

Journaling
    Three things that make me feel angry are:
    1. Not being able to know what kind of day Im going to have with my urnary symptoms and how int will impact that day.

2. Anger at myself for getting myself in this position. I believe all my stress and anxiety is due to me being in my head and being disappointed in my life up until now.

3. Life achievements. I don't feel Ive doing anything with my life.

Three things that make me feel sad are:
    This one is hard for me cause I feel more anger about everything that sadness, I feel sadness just follows the anger.

Thanks, Stay safe

2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

jonconner: I can relate to this. I also have pelvic pain (probable SI dysfunction) but I know from experience that my mind magnifies it, and it can vary widely from day to day, even hour to hour. The other thing that goes along with my mental state is having to pee very frequently - not sure if that is the same as what you have. When my nervous system is overfiring I have to go like every 1/2 hour. When I am calm it is nothing like that. With me, the discomfort and other problems (tinnitus) are in direct relation to my mental state.

So I don't have any advice per se, but know you are not alone! What is the nature of your pelvic pain? I am curious.

jonconner likes this.